About the IBZ guest house (Ludwig-Leichhardt-House)
The International Center of Academic Exchange of Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg was built in 1999 within the framework of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation as such a guest house for international scientists. The guesthouse was named after the scientist and explorer Ludwig Leichhardt who was born in a village near Cottbus in 1813.
Fourteen completely furnished apartments of different sizes provide a temporary home for guest scholars and their families (tree one-room apartments, seven two-room apartments, two three-room apartments and two flats have four rooms). Almost all apartments have a small balcony. The garden with a playground for children invites to stay for a while. The house is centrally located, only a few minutes away from the university and the city centre.
Accessibility with public transport
The IBZ Cottbus has excellent connection, as well to the center as to the central railway station by tram line 4 or 2 and bus line 16.