The Guest House at the Albert-Ludwigs University of Freiburg on Goethestrasse
The turn of the century twin villa was built in 1895. It is situated in the heart of the popular neighborhood Wiehre in Freiburg. The building is classified as a historical monument and features a characteristic brick façade, bay windows, and balconies. In 2002 it was converted into a comfortable apartment house. The ground floor of the historic main building consists of four impressive rooms after the English „Club” fashion: a sitting room with a fireplace, library, a conference room, and a cloakroom.
The second floor and the top floor contain a total of eight apartments of sizes ranging from 59m2 to 107m2. Each apartment has a living room, a bedroom, a kitchen, and a bathroom. In addition, several ft he apartments also have a balcony. All eight apartments are equipped with television, telephone, and internet access. pavilions with a total of eight apartments connected to a common stairwell by way of an entrance hall.
Each apartment has a living room, a bedroom, a bathroom, a kitchen, and a balcony. An apartment on the ground floor has been adapted to accommodate the disabled. The use of wood, glass, and exposed concrete of the four first floor apartments lends lightness and transparency of the façade of the building. All apartments offer modern comfort on 42 to 45m2 of floor space and include television, telephone, and internet access. Behind the historic main building is thenew building.